Seriously where did the Summer go? Taggart and Zander
had their first day of school last Thursday. Taggart has
been so excited to start Kindergarten. Everyday for the
past couple weeks he's been asking, "Is it time for school
yet? I love how excited they get for their first day!
Taggarts first day wasn't actually until today though. They
do it a little weird at their school. The Kindergartners just
go with their moms or dads for 30 min. with one other
classmate and do a little scavenger hunt to learn about
their classroom. They spread them out for the first two
days and then start their actual first full day today.
It was so funny, when we were all done with the
scavenger hunt and ready to go, he said, "I thought I was
going to school today?" He was a little bummed he didn't
get to stay for a regular schedule day. Last year I was a
little teary eyed when I dropped Zander off for his first day,
but this year was much better with Taggart. I think because
he had his big brother to walk with him and he wasn't alone.
Zander has been pretty excited too, he didn't think it was fair
that he couldn't eat lunch at school last year. So this year since
he is such a big boy now and in first grade he gets to eat
school lunch!! I think he's been more excited about that
than anything else. I told him that in first grade you go
all day too. Not like kindergarten where you only go a few
hours. When I picked him up after his first day, I asked
him how it went and he said, "I was there forever mom."
Too funny! He likes his new class though and his teacher so
I think he will adjust pretty quickly.
Tag and his teacher Mrs Key



4 comments:
Wow, they seem so big. I bet you don't know what to do with your boys gone to school. I bet it is pretty quiet with just Calista at home. Mason doesn't start kindergarten until September 1st, so we are still 2 weeks away. Regular school starts on Thursday though.
Oh how the time flies! I can't believe how early school starts this year, its crazy! Your boys look so cute
How fun! Cole was really upset that he could not eat lunch at school too! Oh well, next year! We need to get together and let the boys hang out more and make more bows. I got my new ribbon!
I feel bad we never got together this summer! Sorry, life has been BuSy! Thanks for your invites though. Hopefully we can work something out around the school schedules. Your kids are getting so big. I am glad they were so excited for their first days of school!
Post a Comment