Calista and her cousin Carson turned 3 last week! Since they are
less than 24 hours apart we have celebrated there birthdays
together. It's so fun to have them so close! I always like to try
new things for my kids birthday cakes, so I decided I wanted
to try my first fondant cake! I got my sister in on it so she made
Carson one too. It was a very time consuming project, but it
was fun! I have to say it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped,
but it turned out okay. If anyone is wondering if it looks lopsided,
it is! I wanted to off center the two tiers, but then I wished that
I hadn't and just worked with it! The party was a success and
everyone had lots of fun! I still can't believe my baby is 3!
The birthday kids!!



5 comments:
Cute cake! You do a great job! She looks so big in the pictures, I guess when we saw you this summer, she still seemed little, but she sure has grown up! What a beautiful girl!
Happy Birthday Calista!
you did a great job on that cake! I've heard fondant is super hard!
What a beautiful gal! She really has grown up! You did an amazing job on the cake! How did you find the time, you busy momma? Hope all is well! Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Wow RaeGay!! You are a real go getter, I am big into the Buy a cake thing:) Im kinda a slacker, not that you didn't know that already;) Clista looks so much older...I think maybe its her hair, she has alot more and it is cut different (or something). Anywho it is way sad when your BABY grows up huh! I agree, and mine isn'r even 2 yet, but Its still way sad
Post a Comment