CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hardest day of my life!

Zander had his First Day of
Kindergarten today and I have
to tell you it really was the hardest
day of my life! I never thought
I would be one of those mom's who
got all emotional about stuff like that. Even
after two years of preschool, I never got that
way. I was fine all the way up until we
started driving up the street of the
elementary school. Then it hit me like
a ton of bricks! I was seriously choking
back the tears. Obviously I couldn't
cry in front of Zander or he would
be freaked out and wouldn't want
to get our of the car. Plus I didn't want
to look like a lunatic in front of all those
other parents. So I did my best to hide
behind my sunglasses and I was so proud
of him. As we were driving up the street
he said, "I'm going to miss you mom." I said,
"I'm going to miss you too, but your going to have
a great first day." I think he could sense I was
a little distrought, so he said "Don't worry mom,
I know where to go." I let him out and had to drive
away. Ya I admit it, I was a big baby, but I really
had no idea it was going to be that hard to let him go.
His new Teacher Ms. Neslen (the sun was right
in his eyes, thats why the weird look on his face)

His first day of kindergarten was actually

on Tuesday, but I went with him so it wasn't

really real. He had a treasure hunt to kind of introduce

him to his new classroom and Teacher. He had

to find places around the classroom on his

map and do different activities. He had lots of fun!


Taggart doesn't start preschool until
next month, so he was a little jealous
that Zander got a pirate hat and an
eye patch, so he wanted me to take his
picture too.

Calista wanted in on the picture action, so

I took her picture too.

9 comments:

Sharps said...

SO SAD! I can't beleive you have a 5 year old! I am going to be so sad when my little Sammy goes to school. He is always telling me he wants to go! SO CUTE.

Sarah Jimenez said...

I feel for you Raelene and I don't have to stress about it for another 3 years! It sounds like he had a good first day. You have such cute kids!

Cyndi said...

Good job raelene!! You made it through and by the time summer hits your going to be wondering what to do all day to keep him busy! And then it starts over again! I was way sad too and now I am way sad all over again because it will be from 8:30-3:30! ALL DAY! Just remember that day When he's fighting with his siblings or breaking things(u really do love 'em)!!

Shane and Brandi said...

Yeah for you! I think I will be that way when Brynlee goes. I was ok with Shaylee, but the baby of the family will be way bad for me.

Hirschisquirts said...

You're so funny and cute...It may be hard to let them go, but when they get a little older and start fighting ALL summer, you really look forward to that first day! Just kidding, you still miss them, it just gets a little easier. The years go by faster all the time so enjoy them in their youth. I have 4 in all day and only one at home and I don't know where all this time has gone! Luv ya!

Sharps said...

HEY there! To answer your question, our couch is from Boulevard...but it was a special order for the PARADE OF HOMES. It was in that huge house with the bowling ally in it? Anyway, they didn't want it anymore so we got it for a really good deal. It is 13 feet long in the back. HUGE! HOPE that helps!
LIZ

Anonymous said...

That is never an easy thing to do. Clint is in 3rd grade, Katey is in 2nd and Sara is starting pre-school TODAY! I have been having a hard time since monday. I tell myself to, "Tough'n up women." After my first two you would think that you would get use to it on some level but I never have. It still feels like the first time every time.

I just tagged you. All you do is copy and paste the questions from my blog to yours. And answer the questions too of course. It's so exhausting but short lived. I can't wait to hear your answers! luv shan

Taylors said...

I was almost in tears reading this post! Sorry to say I think I will be just like you when my kids go to school......we can't help it right? :) Yes please call me when you come to Kanab next sorry we missed you last time we had a crazy day so I never got a chance to call your moms house.

George Family said...

I remember when Taylor started kindergarten, that was 7yrs ago. I cried to so don't feel so bad. I even cried when I had to leave them in day care for the first time. Now that Colten is going to start pre-school next week I'm getting Nervous and excited. I can't Believe that after next week I will only have one kid left at home. Taylor is in Band and is learning to play the trumpet. He will be in High school next year. I think I will cry again when that year gets here. Your such a awesome mom and I am so proud of you. Love you!!